Healthy Butter Chicken
Updated: Apr 2, 2020
1 tsp olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken
breasts, cut into cubes
1 onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp garam masala,
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp ground coriander
. tsp cinnamon
680ml jar tomato passata
2 tbsp almond butter
Pinch salt and pepper
Bunch chopped fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken, 3 to 5 mins. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add onion, garlic, ginger and spices to pan. Cook, stirring often,
until onion starts to soften, about 3 mins.
3. Return chicken and juices to pan. Stir in the passata and scrape up and stir in any brown bits from pan bottom.
4. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 mins.
5. Add almond butter and season with salt and pepper and stir well.
6. Sprinkle with coriander.
7. Serve with cauliflower rice (see p37) or some green vegetables.