Beetroot Hummus Dip
If you are trying to put in place healthier snacks, then my beetroot hummus is just the food for you. The humble beetroot - I love these in my salads. Packed full of nutrients including fibre, folate (B9), Potassium, Iron and Vitamin C (antioxidants), they pack a mighty punch. They encourage blood flow (good circulation) and can help in lowering blood pressure....what's not to love! This delicious recipe also tastes great as a dip served with vegetable sticks or oatcakes.
1 tin of chickpeas
1 small clove of garlic
1 tablespoon tahini
1 lemon Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt & black pepper
1 medium cooked beetroot
1. Drain and tip the chickpeas into a food processor.
2. Peel and add the garlic, then add the tahini, a good few squeezes of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Season with a pinch of sea salt, then pop the lid on and blitz.
4. Use a spatula to scrape the hummus down the sides of the bowl, add the beetroot then blitz again until smooth.
5. Taste and add more lemon juice or a splash of water /oil to loosen, if needed, then transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Serve with sliced crudités, such as cucumber, peppers and celery