Updated: Sep 1, 2021
I'm all about making food fun and in my house, these are a firm favourite with my kids. You can swap the chicken for turkey, beef or prawns or add more veggies to keep them vegetarian. Enjoy!
2 Chicken breasts, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin spice
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
2 x garlic cloves, sliced or grated
Vegetable mix: sliced peppers, green beans, onions etc
Tortilla wraps or taco shells to serve
For the salsa:
Red onion, sweetcorn, fresh coriander, sea salt and pepper, garlic grated, lime juice, chilli (optional)
1. Heat a wok or large frying pan over a medium to high heat and add the oil
2. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes (see video for cooking instructions).
3. Add the oregano, smoked paprika and cumin and cook for 30 seconds. Mix this all through the
4. Add the garlic and vegetables and mix well. Cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Squeeze over some lime juice.
5. For the salsa: mix all the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the fajita mix in tortilla wraps or taco shells with a spoonful of salsa spooned over them. They taste lovely with homemade wedges or sweet potato fries cooked in the oven.