GINGER CHICKEN (SERVES 4)
This is one of my favourite speedy dinners with the leftovers used for a lunch the next day. Zingy orange flavours with ginger and honey make this one that you will make over and over. This is sure to become a firm favourite in your house for a mid-week or weekend dinner. Swap out the broccoli for bok choi and add a handful of broccoli sprouts of toasted pumpkin seeds to finish it to give an even bigger boost of goodness. Ginger, orange and garlic - no better combination.
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
4 boneless chicken breasts (skin removed)
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
Juice and zest of one large orange
225g button mushrooms, washed and halved
2 bunches spring onions, trimmed and halved
100g broccoli, cut into small florets
Preheat the oven to 190˚C.
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry the chicken for a couple of minutes, then transfer to oven-proof dish.
2. Mix together the honey, tamari, garlic, ginger, and orange zest and juice and pour over the chicken.
3. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and bake for 10 mins.
4. Add the mushrooms, spring onions and broccoli florets, baste and replace in oven for a further 15 mins or until cooked through.
5. Serve with brown rice, quinoa or some cauliflower rice.