Turkey & Mixed Bean Chilli
This is definitely a favourite in my house. For leftovers, you can mix it with wholegrain rice and roll it up on a wholemeal wrap to make a speedy burritto. Serve with sweet potato wedges for a fab weekend dinner.
500g turkey mince
1 medium onion chopped finely
2 garlic cloves chopped
6-8 sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 tablespoon coconut, olive or rapeseed oil
½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (add more if you like it hotter)
2 red peppers chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 cinnamon stick
1 tin mixed beans
1. Heat a pan over a medium heat and gently fry chopped onion, dried chilli, sundried tomatoes and garlic over a medium heat for 3 minutes
2. Add the turkey mince and brown all over.
3. Add the tomato puree, ground cumin and cinnamon stick and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes, chopped peppers and mixed beans and stir everything together. Add some black pepper (don’t add salt at this stage).
5. Cook gently for approx. 25 minutes and serve with a dollop of live probiotic yoghurt or chopped avocado