VEGGIE BEAN TOPPED MUSHROOMS
This meat free mushroom dish will become a firm family favourite and is so quick and simple to make when you need a quick mid-week meal.
2 spring onions
½ red / orange pepper
10 baby plum/ cherry tomatoes
2 tsp coconut oil
Good pinch of cinnamon (add more to taste)
Good pinch of cayenne pepper (add more to taste)
Salt and pepper
400g tin cannellini beans
2 tbsp tomato puree
4 large Portobello mushrooms
1 tsp dried thyme
100g baby spinach
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Finely slice the spring onions, dice the pepper and quarter the tomatoes.
Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan and sauté the spring onions, pepper, and tomatoes for 5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the cinnamon and cayenne pepper and season well. Cook for 1 min. Drain and rinse the beans before adding them into the pan with the tomato puree and 75ml of water.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for 5 mins. Preheat the grill. Put the mushrooms on a baking sheet with the stalks facing upwards. Melt the remaining coconut oil and mix with the thyme.
- Brush this mix all over the mushrooms and grill for 5 mins. Stir the spinach into the pan with the beans and cook until just wilted.
- Divide the mushrooms between 2 plates and spoon the beans evenly over the top. Serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.