Zingy Chicken Salad
Updated: Apr 2, 2020
2 medium chicken breasts
3 lemons, juiced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Handful coriander, finely chopped
Bag of mixed leaf salad
1/2 cucumber, diced
2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes or 12 baby plum tomatoes, chopped
2 spring onions thinly sliced
1 handful of toasted pine nuts
1 tbsp flaxseed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Black pepper to taste
1. Butterfly the chicken breast leaving a hinge on the thickest edge.
2. Marinate the chicken in the fridge in the lemon juice, garlic and coriander for at least 1 hour.
3. Grill the chicken breasts for approx. 5 mins each side (until cooked through).
4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, mix the leaves, cucumber, tomatoes and spring onions in a bowl.
5. Toast the pine nuts for a few minutes in a hot oven or frying pan until golden. Add to the salad.
6. Cut the chicken into strips, add it to the salad along with the flaxseed, oil, vinegar and pepper and mix well before serving.