Are you the person who loves to have some crisps to munch on in the evening if you are enjoying a glass of wine? Then you will love my healthier version that can be served at any time. Containing fibre, antioxidants, calcium, vitmain C and Iron, these really pack a punch for nutrients. Add a pinch of paprika or cayenne for spicy version and let the whole family enjoy them.
1 tbsp tahini
60g cashew nuts
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (I use Marigold product)
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp garlic granules
½ tsp sea salt 200g kale, washed, destalked and chopped into 5cm pieces
Coconut oil, for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 140C.
2. Blend the tahini, cashew nuts, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, garlic granules, sea salt and 2-3 tbsp water to create a thick sauce.
3. Put the kale in a large bowl and pour over the tahini mixture, massaging the sauce into the kale using your hands, until it is thoroughly coated. The kale should start to wilt.
4. Grease a baking sheet with a little coconut oil and arrange a single layer of kale on top. Bake for approximately 10 minutes before flipping with a fork and bake for a further 10 minutes, until crisp but not burnt.
5. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container